Frequently Asked Questions

Get the answers to frequently asked questions about car insurance. Learn more about how to get proof of insurance and what happens in the event of an accident.

About Good2Go Direct

  • Why should I choose Good2Go Direct?

    What makes Good2Go Direct different is our ability to get you behind the wheel for less up-front. We specialize in selling auto insurance policies with low down payments and easy monthly payment plans because we believe car insurance should be fast, easy and cheap to get.

  • Are payment options available?

    There are a variety of convenient payment plans, giving you the option to select the plan that works best for you and your budget.

  • How do I get proof of insurance?

    You will receive proof of insurance electronically once you have purchased your new auto insurance policy. You can keep this document with you or in your car to prove that you have a valid auto insurance policy. You will also receive your proof of insurance, by mail, after your policy has been issued.

    It only takes a few minutes to complete an auto insurance quote or call us directly at 855-646-4661 and start driving legal today!1

    1Consult with an attorney to determine whether it is illegal to drive without insurance in your state.

  • Do I need collision and comprehensive car insurance coverage?

    If you took a loan to buy or are leasing your vehicle, collision and comprehensive coverage will probably be required by your financing or leasing company. If you own your vehicle outright, this coverage is optional but does provide protection for your vehicle in the event of a covered accident.

    When deciding whether to purchase collision and comprehensive, compare the value of your vehicle to the cost of the coverage. Also consider whether you could replace the vehicle if it is rendered inoperable by an accident.

    Looking for a free car insurance quote? It's easy to get a quote for minimum limits insurance at Good2Go.com1.

  • What car insurance discounts are available?

    There are a variety of discounts available to you, including the LifeSaver app - text blocking mobile app that could save you up to 5% on your auto insurance premiums when you choose not to text and drive.

    In addition to the LifeSaver App, there are 12 other discounts available – such as the Multi-Car discount that could save you up to 32% when you have two or more automobiles in the same household that are insured by related individuals.

    If you are a new customer, you can get a car insurance quote in minutes or reach a sales representative at 855-646-4661. Good2Go Direct specializes in selling minimum limits auto insurance that gets you driving legal for less.1

    1Consult with an attorney to determine whether it is illegal to drive without insurance in your state. Quote times on partner sites may vary. Prices vary based upon the state where you reside, the minimum limits coverages you purchase, and other underwriting factors.

Common Questions

  • How do I activate the LifeSaver app?

    It's easy! Once you are insured, you will receive an email with instructions and a link for the LifeSaver app. You'll need to register and create an account. Once registered, as a parent or individual, you can invite drivers to install the LifeSaver app.

    Once you, and the other drivers you invited to install the app, accept the invitation everyone will have access to Driver Portal Dashboard where they can see their individual driving score via the in-app dashboard, and see how distraction-free they are driving.

    In order to remain qualified for LifeSaver, all drivers must retain a LifeSaver score of 80 or above.

  • What happens if I buy or sell a car?

    Buying or selling a car is a busy and sometimes stressful time. But don't forget, car insurance plays a part in all of your automobile transactions.

    It's best to contact your car insurance company immediately, and inform them you are selling a car, or buying a new one. Let them know you now have a new car, and if you're ending coverage on your old automobile. Letting them know the details of your new car, like make, model, and color, may actually get you a lower rate.

    If you're looking for new car insurance limits for your new car, you can get a free quote at

  • What do I do if I move?

    If you move, contact Good2Go Direct Customer Service at 888-303-3430 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (ET) to let us know your new address as soon as possible. We will need your new address in order to send you any future auto insurance policy information. Also, there are many factors that go into calculating your auto insurance rate including your address. By moving to a new location, you may actually receive a lower insurance rate. This is especially true when moving to a new state, since minimum limits requirements may vary according to each state’s auto insurance laws.

  • What to do after a DUI?

    Most drivers don't think it will happen to them. You had a few drinks, but you don't feel impaired so you decide to drive yourself home. Everything is going well until you see the flashing red and blue lights and are subsequently pulled over for driving under the influence. A DUI conviction can happen to anyone at any time which is why it's important for you to learn what happens next after your first DUI. Here's what you can expect:

    Initial arrest
    While all 50 states have drunk driving laws, about one-third have specific laws that forbid any presence of a prohibited substance or drug in a driver's body while in control of a vehicle.

    Once you're pulled over for suspected drunk or drugged driving, a law enforcement official will ask you to perform a variety of tests to check your sobriety and blood alcohol content (BAC). This includes field tests (for coordination, balance and dexterity), a breathalyzer test or a blood/urine test. The request to perform these tests falls under the implied consent law where it is inferred that a driver has given his/her consent to a field sobriety test. You can refuse to take these tests; however, some states have mandatory license suspension laws if you refuse to get tested.

    What's important to note is that even if you pass the field sobriety tests, you will be found guilty if your BAC is 0.08 or greater. Also, if you are pulled over for a sobriety stop, you do not need to be over the legal DUI limit or have large quantities of illicit substances in your system to be arrested. If there is burden of proof that your ability to operate a vehicle is impaired by any substance, you will be found guilty.

    While you're in police custody, the officer will record your personal information, go over your rights and complete all the necessary DUI/DWI paperwork. While you're at the police station, you may remain in custody and bail will be set, or you will be released with a court date for your initial hearing.

    Court appearances and defense
    Next, you will need to prepare your defense if your case goes to court. If your case goes to trial due to sufficient evidence, you will need a competent defense attorney who specializes in DUI cases. This is crucial if you want to fight the DUI charges and win your case. Depending on the severity of your offense, your attorney may cross examine any witnesses – including the arresting officer, challenge any field sobriety test that was given, and comb through every detail of the arrest for errors.

    Keep in mind that a good defense attorney won't come cheap – and neither do court costs. Court costs will vary greatly depending on state/county and severity of the offense. These costs often include filing paperwork and mandatory court appearances which can range from $250 – $1,500 for a first offense. In addition, legal fees can range from $2,000 – $5,000.1

    If you are convicted, you will need to pay the DUI/DWI fine which varies by state. Additional penalties may include jail time, community service and completing any other terms of your probation.

    Reinstating your license
    Once you've been convicted, your driver's license will be suspended or revoked, which means there will be a period of time when you will be unable to operate a motor vehicle.

    Reinstatement laws differ by state, but in general most states will require you to go through an educational program, also known as DUI school. The length of the program depends on your level of impairment at the time of your arrest.

    Before you begin the program, a trained counselor will conduct an interview and ask you a series of questions to determine if you have a drug or alcohol problem. If it has been established that you abuse these substances or have a dependency problem, you will need to seek treatment before you can graduate from the program. Treatment may include: support group meetings, outpatient counseling or therapy, or inpatient detoxification.

    After taking these steps, you still may not be able to drive your car. Your state may require you to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle in order to reinstate your driving privileges. These devices prevent the vehicle from being started if it detects alcohol on your breath through a built-in breathalyzer.

    In general, for a first offense DUI, it may take anywhere between six months to a year to reinstate your license. You should begin your reinstatement process towards the end of your license suspension. At this time, all of your fees or associated fines should be paid in full and you should have completed your state-mandated driver-retraining course or defensive driving course.

    In addition, you will need to fill out a reinstatement request form with a check for the amount established by the state and send it to your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You will then need to obtain an SR-22 form and submit copies of it to your insurance carrier and state DMV. This form states that you are maintaining car insurance coverage. As a high risk driver, you will be required to carry this form for three years.

    At this point, if all goes well, your license should be reinstated and you can be on your way to safe, unimpaired driving. Remember, the reinstatement process will differ by state. These are just some of the most common steps in getting your license back after a DUI.

    Dealing with your insurance carrier
    Now that you have your license back and you no longer need to make any trips to the courthouse or DMV, you will have to deal with your insurance company. After a DUI, you may lose your car insurance coverage completely. Impaired driving either by alcohol or drugs increases your risk, which means insurers may be less willing to cover you if you pose a risk to yourself and other drivers.

    If your insurer doesn't drop your coverage, you can expect to see an increase in your premiums. Insurance companies may raise your rates by at least $1,000 or more annually.

    "If you have received a DUI, your coverage is not dropped. Good2Go Direct specializes in selling low cost auto insurance to individuals like you who have been classified as high risk drivers."

    Joe DeLago, CEO, Good2Go Direct

    Has your insurance company automatically dropped your auto insurance coverage due to a DUI? Good2Go Direct sells auto insurance that will keep you covered even after multiple DUIs. Get a free online auto quote now..

    By knowing what to expect ahead of time, you will be better prepared to handle a potential DUI. The easiest way to avoid a DUI conviction and the process of reinstating your license is to simply NOT drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.


  • What if my auto insurance was canceled due to non-payment?

    If your auto insurance policy has been canceled for non-payment, you will have 30 days to reinstate the policy by simply paying a reinstatement fee and the past due amount. Although there will be a lapse in your insurance coverage, you will still keep all of the discounts that you had before.

    If you are having difficulties with your current payment plan, Good2Go Direct and its carriers offer multiple low payment options to help fit your situation.

    Please call Customer Service at 888-303-3430 to discuss your options or email at any time.

  • Why is the insurance company trying to move my vehicle to another facility?

    If your vehicle is located at a towing service or body shop, your vehicle may not be secure and daily storage fees are charged. By allowing us to move your vehicle, we can ensure that your vehicle is secure and we can eliminate any storage fees.

  • Should I file a police report for a loss or theft?

    Yes, you should file a police report if have been a victim of a loss or theft. If your vehicle has been broken into or stolen, contact the police immediately. If you need help filing a claims report, visit our "How Do I Report a Claim" section of our frequently asked questions.

Car Accidents

  • What do I do after a car accident?

    Even if you are driving carefully, sometimes accidents happen. It can be a very stressful time, but knowing what to do in an auto accident can help make the insurance claims process easier. You can prepare by making sure that you have your driver’s license, proof of insurance, emergency contact information and pen and paper to record important information.

    Steps to Follow After an Auto Accident:

    1. Try to stay calm and check to make sure that you are safe and uninjured. Call 911 if you need emergency assistance.
    2. Remain at the scene of the accident until law enforcement and/or emergency assistance arrives.
    3. Make sure your vehicle is visible by turning on your hazard lights, using warning triangles, road cones or lighting road flares.
    4. Discuss the accident only with the police and do not admit fault.
    5. Obtain the following information from all individuals involved in the accident.
      • Name
      • Address
      • Phone number
      • Driver’s license number
      • Insurance company
      • Policy number
      • License plate number
      • Make and model of vehicle
      • Take a picture of the damage for your records
    6. Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
    7. Call Good2Go Direct Claims Services at 888-925-6547 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (ET) or email
  • Do I need to file a police report?

    Yes. If you have been involved in an accident, calling the police to the scene will document what occurred, the parties' information and the identity of any witness. If you have sustained a loss to your vehicle, such as a theft or vandalism, you should also involve the police who will document those particulars.

  • Will my rates increase because of this accident?

    We won't know the answer until your claim is resolved. Before the next renewal, the Underwriting Department of your auto insurance company will review all of the particulars of your claim and your driving history. You may contact Customer Service at any time if you have questions.

  • Will my insurance company cancel my policy if I get in an accident?

    In nearly all cases the answer is no. But you may have to pay more when it comes time to renew your policy.

  • Will I have to pay the deductible if I was not at fault for the auto accident?

    Yes. Deductibles typically apply on coverages where the insured's fault doesn't matter. However, for certain coverages, we may be able to recover all or a portion of your deductible from the other party's insurer or from the other party. If that occurs, your deductible will be returned to you consistent with the laws of your state.

  • What do I do If someone sues me as a result of my accident?

    Contact your Claim Representative and immediately forward a copy of the documentation. Consistent with your Policy Terms, an attorney will be hired to represent you, without any cost to you.

Auto Insurance Claims

  • How do I report a car insurance claim?

    If you were involved in an auto accident, file your insurance claim by calling 888-925-6547 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (ET). After the claim is reported, you will be contacted by a Company Representative to review the details with you. For questions about a pending claim, please call the number above or send an email

  • What are the basic steps of handling a claim?

    Each claim is unique, so the process may vary. Typically, the Claim Representative will need to investigate what coverages are available for the accident or loss and will also have to investigate liability and damages. They will explain this to you at the outset and will answer any questions that you may have throughout the process.

  • What happens after I report the claim?

    You will be provided with a claim number and contact information for your Claim Representative. Your Claim Representative will contact you within one business day to explain the claim handling process and begin the investigation.

  • How long will it take to handle my car insurance claim?

    Your Claim Representative can provide you with an expected timeline based upon the particulars of your claim.

  • If my damage does not exceed the deductible amount, should I still file a car insurance claim?

    Policyholders must report all accidents to the insurance company. Sometimes, the damage may appear to fall under your deductible but additional hidden damage is found that increases the cost of the repairs. Additionally, although it may appear you were not at fault for an accident, other parties may later assert a liability claim against you so it is best to have a prompt report on file with the insurance company.

  • Who do I call with questions about my car insurance claim?

    It is best to contact your Claim Representative when you have questions about your claim. Our toll-free number is 800-727-6664. Please have your claim number with you when you call.

  • What do I do if I suspect someone of filing a fraudulent claim?

    Please contact your Claim Representative if you suspect that someone has filed a fraudulent claim as we fully investigate all such allegations.

  • What is a deductible?

    A deductible is the portion of a covered loss that you must pay before we pay. For example, if you have a covered loss of $2,000 and you have a collision deductible of $500, you'll pay the first $500 and we pay $1,500. A higher deductible typically will lower your premium. When purchasing or renewing your policy, choose a deductible that you can easily cover when you are faced with an unexpected loss.

Car Repairs

  • What happens if my vehicle is "totaled" in an accident?

    Typically, if the cost to repair exceeds the actual cash value (ACV) of your vehicle, it may be considered a total loss. You may have the option of retaining the vehicle or grant permission to your insurance company to dispose of it. There are certain forms required by each state that will need to be completed so that title transfers and any outstanding loans can be addressed.

  • Who should repair my vehicle?

    You may choose who will repair your vehicle. However, your Claims Representative can recommend a pre-approved, qualified repair shop in your area.

  • How long will it take to repair my vehicle?

    Your auto repair shop can provide you with the most accurate anticipated completion date. In some cases, repair times are extended when additional damages are found or parts need to be ordered.

  • If I can't drive my car, can I rent a vehicle?

    Your policy may have rental coverage that applies in certain conditions. However, it is best to discuss this with your Claim Representative first. Your Claim Representative will explain the coverage to you, the rental process and will arrange the rental.

    We would recommend that third-party claimants do not rent a vehicle until your Claim Representative authorizes it. Otherwise, we may not be able to guarantee reimbursement for the cost of that rental.

  • How long do I have to pay premiums on a vehicle that was a total loss?

    You may request that the vehicle be deleted from your policy effective the day after the loss occurred. However, if the vehicle is the only one on your policy, it may be best to leave the coverage active temporarily while you are driving another vehicle. Contact your agent or 888-303-3430 to discuss options.

  • Can I keep my vehicle if it is a total loss?

    In most states, you are allowed to keep your vehicle. However, if you decide to keep it, we will deduct the salvage value from the settlement amount. Your state may also require a vehicle inspection and changing the title to a salvage title. Because of this, insurance companies may not be willing to insure this vehicle in the future.