What Do I Do After a Car Accident?
Even if you are driving carefully, sometimes accidents happen. It can be a very stressful time, but knowing what to do in an auto accident can help make the insurance claims process easier. You can prepare by making sure that you have your driver’s license, proof of insurance, emergency contact information and pen and paper to record important information.
Steps to Follow After an Auto Accident:
- Try to stay calm and check to make sure that you are safe and uninjured. Call 911 if you need emergency assistance.
- Remain at the scene of the accident until law enforcement and/or emergency assistance arrives.
- Make sure your vehicle is visible by turning on your hazard lights, using warning triangles, road cones or lighting road flares.
- Discuss the accident only with the police and do not admit fault.
- Obtain the following information from all individuals involved in the accident.
- Phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Insurance company
- Policy number
- License plate number
- Make and model of vehicle
- Take a picture of the damage for your records
- Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Call Good2Go Auto Insurance® Claims Services at 888-925-6547 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 7:30 pm ET or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Help? Call 855-646-4661 Our support team is available 24/7
"Good2Go Insurance, Inc. customer service representatives are the best. I had a small fender-bender, and with their help, I received a check in just a few days. I had my car repaired and was back on the road in no time."
- Linda from New Jersey